Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rehearsal

Today Alan, our musical director, had the ensemble stand in a circle around him to sing through the group numbers.  He said it was his idea of musical heaven.

Can I just say, I love talented, hard-working people.  The ensemble in my show has beautiful voices in every single part.  And we also have great blend.  We're so lucky!  Eeeheehee.  I get giddy about good choral sound. :)  When we sing the finale a capella (not because it's that way in the show, but just because Alan loves to hear the harmonies), I feel completely at home.  like I'm doing what I was made to do.  I'm such a basic, unselfconscious version of myself at musical rehearsals like that.  I bounce up and down, I bob my head to time my cut-offs, I close my eyes, I smile hugely at the person across the circle from me.  How is there so much freedom within a choir to be completely oneself?

I always leave ensemble rehearsal feeling like I've been filled.  I believe that there is something divine in creating and crafting music with like-minded people.  I would like to press my hands together and dip my head down towards that sacred goodness.  God is in these Good Things.  

1 comment: