Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nasty-Ass Cold

Umm ... anyone else feel really mean when they're sick?

I swear, my internal monologue was evil this afternoon.  I felt awful and I wanted everyone else to feel awful too.  Except for my mom and Peter.  Because I would like them to combine forces to take care of me.  No, correction:  I don't want the people I care about to feel awful, I just want all the strangers who annoyed me today to be cursed with my germs.  Stupid people.  Getting in my way.  Looking at me with their eyes.  Their stupid, poopy eyes.

Ok.  Anyway.  I feel mean.  and sick.  Quick! Someone put me in a nest of pillows, turn on a good movie and spoon-feed me macaroni and cheese!!! and then check on me often and offer to do nice things for me.

When I was little, I would read whenever I was sick.  I would lay in bed all day and read three or four books.  Ever notice how there is no real comfortable way to read while lying down?  Think about it.  Every position either requires neck support, or tires your arms out.  Why is that?  Someone solve that problem already.

Stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Bah! Everything is stupid and all people are out to destroy my happiness.

    I am not sick, but our internet is down, and it has put me in a horribly evil mood as well.

    Is that a bad thing? Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book goggles. Like those sunglasses that spies wear...only instead of using night-vision and a built-in gps, you're just reading a book.

    Boom. Problem solved. :)

    ReplyDelete