Thursday, January 20, 2011

Via Positiva.

Below you will find my "Via Negativa" post.  But that's not all I wanted to write about tonight.  It's a big part, but I'd like to write something positive as well.  Just don't miss that post down there.  I need some insightful and honest comments.

Last night we went to see The Head and The Heart.  Oh my goodness.  They were so great live.  So great.  I wish you could have been there with me.  Kierst just introduced us to them and I'm loving them more and more as I continue to learn about their music.

Rivers and Roads
A year from now we'll all be gone
All our friends will move away
And they're goin' to better places
But our friends will be gone away

Nothin' is at it has been
And I miss your face like hell
And I guess it's just as well
But I miss your face like hell

Been talkin' 'bout the way things change
And my family lives in a different state
If you don't know what to make of this
Then we will not relate
Said if you don't know what to make of this
Then we will not relate

Rivers and roads
Rivers and roads
Rivers 'til I reach you
There are happier songs too. :)  They're a very happy, dancey band.  But even their happy songs have depth to them.  One more.  And then that's it, I promise.  Don't judge me too badly for the Via Negativa.  But do what you have to do.  Say what you have to say.  I need it.

Listen to this song:  Ghosts

2 comments:

  1. Again. I love this band. I'm glad you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I have been thinking about this song constantly since you posted this.

    ReplyDelete