Thursday, January 27, 2011

Contradictions

Things I may never reconcile within myself:

1)  I am capable of extraordinarily efficient and powerful self-motivation / I cannot sustain self-motivation to save my life.
2)  I love good music, good food and clean places / I have a strangely trashy alter-ego that leaves food wrappers around the house, listens to Celine Dion and can drink both PBR and Folgers with gusto.
3)  I have a group of intimate, beautiful friends who know and love me and who seek out my company / I sometimes feel left out and out of the loop.
4)  I get mired down in the details, lost and stuck  / I am gifted in the ability to see and understand the Big Picture.
5)  I sabotage myself / I empower myself.

All these are true.  Sometimes simultaneously.  And there are many others.  Will we ever cease to bewilder ourselves and one another?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It is kind of comforting to be so contradictory.

    ReplyDelete