Monday, October 3, 2011

Self Cheerleading

I tend to think of fall as the beginning of the year.  It's easier to imagine change in September than January, at any rate.  That way too, I can think of years from birthday to birthday.  I realized today that my schedule has shifted for good, from the consistency of summer to the strange unpredictability of the rest of the year.  In the summer, I am at one place for seven-ish hours every day.  It's easy to get there, easy to get home, easy to plan the rest of my life around.  Now, I'm going to at least four different schools every week, as well as rehearsals, voice lessons and Saturday classes at the theater.  Some days, I'm racing around.  Others, like today, I have nothing except Henry at 3pm.  Which is tough when I wake up with Peter a little before 7am.  I need some routine, stat.

Running!  I think I'm going to give myself a nice tough goal this year.  I was able to train for an 8K in only three months last year.  I figure since I'm starting three months before that this time around, I should aim higher.  Like a 10K or 15K.  But, I want to be careful, so I don't hurt myself and end up limping around and laying off of running for months like I did last year.  Nice and easy is the name of the game.  I started off with a 2.4 mile run today and made myself stop.  I feel good.

Dancing!  I have until Nov. 7 to finish up my dance class package. I've forgotten that there are mid-day classes as well as evenings. That would fill up my time nicely.  Hurray for Ballet!

This is my current challenge:  find things to do that are productive, that get me out of the house and don't necessarily cost money.  I mean, I could clean the house, but how many days am I really going to be motivated to do that?  I have enough time to be really on top of my classes this year.  I want to be a more prepared teacher this year.  I can do this.

Have you noticed that this post is like a giant pep talk for myself?  GO! FIGHT! WIN!  I'm always wanting to live life to the fullest.  This fall, I'm going to throw myself head first into good things.  Time wasting will be kept to a minimum and joy and purpose will be seized at every opportunity!  or ... most opportunities.  many opportunities.  I am Lisa and I do love my long mornings with tea and books.

GO! FIGHT! WIN!!

1 comment:

  1. I've also been trying to find productive and free activities to keep myself busy/sane while I search for more permanent employment. These are pretty nerdy volunteer options (But everyone has a little nerd in them, right?): Medical Teams International, OHSU (it's hard to find the info... I can give you URLs if you want them), and OMSI.

    GO! FIGHT! WIN!

    ReplyDelete