Thursday, February 25, 2010

One Fish Two Fish

I wrote five Dr. Seuss scripts this week. Yes, five. I wrote them. And I ran through them with each of my five classes at Milwaukie Elementary School and they are going to be great.

I finished teaching my Musical Theater kids all of the choreography for their Showcase number. And we have two more weeks to work on it! So they will be ready. They just need to remember to breathe and sing and dance all at the same time. :)

I modified and sent home scripts with all of my tiniest tots at the theater so their parents can get them more excited about their one line. And I think the parents will do it! It's Thursday and I already have all the scripts ready to go for the Saturday class.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but am I actually following through and bringing big projects to completion in a professional and creative manner?

Knock on wood, I think that I am!

I've been so afraid that I would be unable to do all of this. There are so many pieces to pull together and so many details to remember and so much prep that needs to be done. I am not and never have been a details person. I'm that person that comes up with the big beautiful idea and gets really excited about it and then lets it all slip through the cracks as time goes by. I've never been great at follow-through and follow-up.

O, the times they are a-changing.

Quick note: I have been known to follow through on a few things in the past. I have a BA, for goodness sakes. Hopefully that means that at some point in four years I completed something. Also, Tilikum. But I had a lot of help and a lot of accountability in that job. That makes a difference.

What makes these projects terrifying is that I am essentially doing them all on my own. My bosses keep telling me, "You'll be fine! You're doing great." And I've been trying to believe them, all the while feeling like they don't know me that well. If they did, they'd be a little more worried.

Today, for the first time, it's not that difficult to believe them. I will be fine. I'm going great.

Knock on wood.

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do it. There's not a doubt in my mind. Because this is something you love.

    And.... Have One On Me? AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Can we discuss this sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Learning new things you can do is one of the best reasons to be an adult. You can do whatever you put your mind to Lisa! You are a smart and very talented person.

    p.s. I believe that hard work is 98% of achieving anything and the other 2% is common sense...

    ReplyDelete