Saturday, December 29, 2012

I let a patch of truth develop.

Have you ever read something that leapt off the page and smacked you right between the eyes?  A phrase or a word that spun out and lodged deep inside of you?  

When I stumble upon these sorts of things, they don't read like the words around them.  They leap, dance, dart from the page.  They taste different.

Why is language often such a hindrance when trying to describe something real??
I let a patch of truth develop.
I feel these words viscerally.  Usually when this happens, I stop, dumbfounded, and then read them again several times in quick succession.  This is followed by me pounding the arms of whatever chair I happen to be sitting on and then racing for the nearest sharpie, which I use to write the words on my body.  I don't know why this is my reaction.  It rises unbidden and takes me whole.  I let myself go with it to see where I will be swept.

I went to this magical website today.  It's about silver hair and women.  It gives me hope for humankind. That is where I was found today.  I intend to do a little yoga now, letting this phrase sink into my body.  Thinking, thinking, and breathing them in.
I let a patch of truth develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment