Sunday, July 10, 2011

Baby Caroline

Kiersten and I babysat Baby Caroline tonight.  Just her.  Brother and Sister were on dates with the parents and Caroline was all on her own with us.  She cried for a straight hour and a half.  You could tell that she was just tired and confused and unhappy and unsettled with us. Which was understandable.  Still hard to deal with, but understandable nonetheless.

Babies are nice.  You can say anything you want around them.  I like to sing songs and say silly words in a high voice to babies when they're happy.  But they are a little too much for me when they're not, which can be often.  The constant loud crying in my ear is tricky.  I sat Caroline in her high chair while Kierst and I made dinner and she cried the whole time.  It was hard to think or have a conversation that wasn't about Baby Caroline.

She was happy later, but I was still glad to leave her.

My house is so peaceful.  There are no babies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment