Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Full Day

I had an emotionally overwhelming day on Sunday.

                    My show closed.

and I had a dance callback twenty minutes later for a show this winter that I really want.
   
     also, I just started learning how to tap dance this last Thursday.

so ... that's fun.  It was a strange experience.  There I was, with Mandy, Jeremy, Holly and Chrissy, dashing in from the end of our run with all of our clothes in bags, eating cliff bars and putting on character shoes for the jazz number.  But twenty minutes before I had been crying and watching Amber and Everett take a final bow for one of the biggest and best and most important roles in their young lives.  It was a jarring transition.  I cried.  I sat on the floor of the dance studio, eating my protein and hedged in by my lovely cast members and tried to siphon off some of the worst of it.  And then I danced for two hours. :)  And I knew I wouldn't get the routines down perfectly, so I just smiled big and tried to look like I was having the best time of my life.  Which, strangely enough, I kind of was.  Since it wasn't going to be perfect, it was just fun and funny.  I felt full of joy, even when I told the choreographer that I couldn't do a triple time step.  Damn!  I just started learning tap four days ago!  But I worked hard.  I did what I could.  I guess I'll see what happens.  Then I went and watched the Tony's with my fellow White Christmas hopefuls.  and after that went home and wept all over Peter and was put to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment